Saturday, November 21, 2009

We Have A Winner!!!

Yeah!!! We have a winner and it is.......










MARK & MELANIE!

Let me just tell you a little about Mark and Melanie. OK, I don't really know Mark that well but I met Met Melanie almost 20 years ago (wow, that seems like a long time ago). You would not even believe how we became friends. Mom and I had taken a lady to the Mayo clinic in Minnesota and when we went we had no idea how long we would be there. We stayed at this little motel and Melanie and her late husband were managing the motel.

We ended up being there longer than we thought and we became very good friends with them. They took us siteseeing, shopping, we would have dinner together and they even let us become maids to make some money to help us through our time there.

This friendship become one that they have even come to Indiana to visit us. Melanie lost her husband in a car accident and then she married Mark and she even brought him here to meet us. Isn't it amazing that for nearly 20 years we have stayed in contact with the managers of a hotel we stayed at?

Melanie is now almost ready to graduate from nurse practitioner school and Mark is a truck driver. They are waiting for God to bring them a very special gift through domestic adoption. If you know anyone looking for amazing parents for a baby please send them to Mark and Melanie's blog. They would give a baby more love than anyone could ever imagine!

I will be posting about the GRAND PRIZE giveaway very soon so keep your eyes open.

PS After I wrote this I noticed Melanie had put Duncan's beautiful little face on her blog. I went to see what she had wrote. You have got to go see what she posted on her blog this morning at the same time I was posting on my blog about her being the winner.

1 comment:

Mark and Melanie said...

Oh, my goodness - Sarah! I was so surprised when I saw Amaya holding our names as the winner of this week's giveaway! That was exciting in itself, but reading your post touched my heart so deeply! Your thoughts and kind words are an even more precious gift - God blessed my life the day you, your mom, and Marge walked into that hotel lobby!