Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Let's Talk Christmas

So how many of you have started your Christmas shopping?

I started pretty early this year because last year Chris lost his job 3 weeks before Christmas and it was a very, very hard thing for 2 people who love to give not be able to give to our families.

It is so easy for me to find gifts for all my nieces and nephews but man is it hard to think of things for my own kids. The only TV I watch is HGTV so I'm have no idea what kids are wanting this year and my kids don't really ask for anything. I know this is a huge blessing that they don't ask for much but it does make it hard in buying. Amaya's birthday is next week and she just keeps saying when I ask what she wants "whatever, I don't care."

I am about done with our shoeboxes for Samaritan's Purse and that is soooooo much fun to do every year. We start on that very, very early and buy all year. We have kind of made it a tradition that whenever we buy a new pair of shoes in our house that we need to fill that box up for a little one at Christmas. So as soon as we start getting shoeboxes is when we start that.

So any ideas for good gift for 3 kids ages 6, 4 and almost 4?

2 comments:

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

Books are always a big hit at this house. Also stuff from Magic Cabin. It isn't cheap, but we don't give a lot of gifts, so choose what we do give carefully. The silks that they have gotten from there are still loved and played with years later!

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

Yes... I second books...

This is what we try to stick with for Christmas:
-something you wear
-something you read
-something you want
-something you need

*the "need" on is always the hardest as my kids dont "need" anything.... and we do tend to get a few little extra happies to go along with that and to fill stockings

- this year instead of big toys/presents, we are giving our kids/family year memberships to the zoo and local museums.... we feel family time is much more needed than more "stuff".... maybe you could do something like that?