Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Best Chili Ever

We have been in our indian summer and it has been just beautiful. Well, this morning we woke up to 32 degrees again so I thought is was a perfect day to start a crockpot full of yummy chili for supper. Some women in our church made a freezer meals cookbook and this has to be the very best chili in the world. So go grab your crockpot (if you can find it Rett) and make yourself a pot of the BEST CHILI EVER. Honestly I don't know if I'll ever be able to make normal chili again after making this one.

Mexican Chili

1 can black beans

1 can red kidney beans

1 can whole kernel corn

1 can cream corn

1 can diced tomatoes with chiles (I accidentally used the really hot stuff today but it's even better that way)

1 can of water

2 lbs of hamburger (I use 1 1/2 pounds to save a little money)

2 pkt. ranch dressing

2 pkt. taco seasoning

Brown the hamburger. Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low 8-10 hours.

I always make a double batch and then stick half of it in a gallon size freezer bag and freeze and then the next meal is soooooo easy.

You can put chips and cheese on top and oh you may never eat normal chili again.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds yummy...I always half the meat b/c I am not a big meat eater...and I often substitue ground beef with ground turkey.
I will try this! Like the idea of ranch in it!
Did your friend Rett really lose her crockpot? It is a rather large thing to lose :)
Wait. If you could see my garage you would ask, "Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?!"

Tony and Rett said...

hehe, OK OK, I'll go on a crock pot search!

Holly, I use extra meat for my man, who LOVES meat. But I use turkey A LOT of the time! And no, it's not lost...just misplaced! Or maybe it's disguising itself as a toaster!

Adeye said...

Ooohhh--that sounds wonderful. I'll definitely try it for the family.

Thanks friend.

Tony and Rett said...

Thank you for the chili, Sarah! It was YUMMMMMMY. It was nice and hot (and not as spicy as you said!) and made me feel better!

Thank you!