Wednesday, November 4, 2009

FYI

Thank you to all that responded to my cry in my last post. I just want to make a couple things very clear.

My cry is not about the money raised for Duncan my cry is about him finding a family.

Second, as much as Chris and I would love to be Duncan's parents we know he is not our child. A wise friend told me the other day that she believe God has given me a mother's heart for Duncan so that I will fight for him like crazy and that my friends is what I plan to do.

Chris and I talked about Duncan and we both believe God has something else big planned for us right now. We also pray that God does bring us our own Duncan someday. Yes, you heard that right. We pray that God will trust us enough someday to take care of one of his chosen children that are blessed to have down syndrome. What a blessing it would be to have one of those precious gifts in our home. For now though God has given us the job to fight for Duncan.

God asks us to defend the orphan and to speak up for them and that is what we will do.

I think I may change the giveaway because it's my blog and I can do that. I don't want people to think it is about money I want everyone to help me find Duncan a family. I am going to spend the day praying about it and I will get back to you. If you want to donate though I will still give you entries for your donation up until if and when I change it.

Did you know in the United Stated nearly 90% of babies with down syndrome are aborted? These children that are waiting for families are true miracles. There is a reason that God placed them here and what a gift it would be to have one of these miracle children be part of your family.