Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 2 of Our Blog Party!

It is now day number 2 of our blog party and I don't know about you but I am having so much fun. I'm not only getting really good comments but I get so excited to see who is the winner.

Today at our blog party I want to celebrate our freedom of family. You know sometimes (a lot of times) we take our freedom for granted. We are so blessed right now (this could change at any minute) that we can choose the size of our family through birth or adoption. The country Jaxson is from they don't get to choose. We have the freedom to adopt kids with special needs that deserve a family and life just like anyone else. I found out a couple of weeks ago that not all countries have the right to adopt a child with special needs. At this moment in time we have this freedom but have you noticed we are losing more and more freedoms everyday? There could be a time when we don't get to choose and that time could be sooner than you think.

I learned that there is some families in Uganda right now that are from Canada that thought they had the freedom to bring kids home (you can read about it by clicking here). They have now learned at the last part of the process to get their kids home that they may not have that freedom. We need to celebrate our freedom but we also need to start fighting more for our freedom of family.

I know you want to know what I'm giving away for day 2 of our blog party.

It is this BEAUTIFUL bracelet!

I have to tell you a little behind this bracelet though. When I got the bracelet all I knew is someone was making it for an adoption fundraiser, I had no idea of the story behind this bracelet. Grab a kleenex and go read the story here. This family could also use your prayer now to have God remove a roadblock so that they can get to their child. If you want to order one of these beautiful bracelets you can go to her Etsy store by clicking here.

HOW TO ENTER FOR DAY 2:
Make sure you leave me an email address with you comment so I can contact you if your the winner.

We're having a party right? Let's invite some friends. You can do one thing or all of them to get even more entries in.

1: BONUS ENTRY (worth 5 entries) go to either a blog you follow or you can go to one of the blogs listed on my sidebar and leave this comment on their blog "Have you been to the blog party yet at http://www.arewethereyetla5.blogspot.com/? It a party to celebrate family!" You can copy and paste the message to make it easier. Come back and give me the link to the blog you left the comment on and you get 5 entries. I love getting comments on my blog and I know other people do too.

2. Facebook about our party.

3. blog about our party.

4. Become a follower of my blog because I love to see who is visiting, make sure to leave me a comment saying you did. If you are already a follower just leave me a comment saying you are and you get an entry.

OK, get those entries in and I'll be back tomorrow night with the winner and a new giveaway.

10 comments:

KonaGold said...

What a neat idea, I'm enjoying your block party! I became a follower and posted a comment on Kris Levario's blog (http://welovemeghanleigh.blogspot.com/) about the blog party. :)

Lori
bratrattery@aol.com

Amy Nicholson said...

I just became a follower of your blog! You are awesome, Sarah!

jeanette said...

that is such a neat bracelet. :)

love your little party!

Jaimie said...

I left a comment on MckMama's blog, I figured it would be a REALLY great way to get people over to the party :)

http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2009/11/georgia-on-my-mind.html#dsq-comments - my post is on page 6 of the comments

Oh and I'm about to go and become a follower.

Jaimie
jgoeble@gmail.com

The Mac's House said...

I'm a blog follower too.

Teri
dalboxermom@gmail.com

Tony and Rett said...

Ok, here goes....

1. I facebooked.

2. I blogged.

3. I left a comment at www.oneloadatatime.blogspot.com

4. I'm already a follower.

5. I LOVE this!!!

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

It's beautiful! I'll post your giveaway on my blog!
tonnijobe@gmail.com

Our Little Star said...

Am I too late....I just wish I could meet you face to face....I already "know" you!! :} God bless, Susan

famfrog@gmail.com

Christina Johnson said...

Love the party idea - you are incredibly creative. Just another reason why I love you so much and why
I am a faithful follower of your blog! :)

Mommakitten said...

I love the idea of having this party! I have posted about the party on my facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mommakitten
I posted about it on my blog:
http://mommakitten.blogspot.com/
I posted about it on my friends blog in a comment:
http://besprent.blogspot.com/2009/11/wip.html
I am also now following you!