Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have something very strange to be thankful for this Thankful Thursday. I'm sure a lot of you have been hearing on the news this week about a over-the-counter drug that has caused people to lose their sense of smell. Well, a couple of years ago I lost my sense of smell, not because of this drug but because of a severe sinus infection.

Smell is something I always took for granted until I know longer had it. Along with losing my sense of smell I lost my sense of taste because like 90% of your taste comes from smell. It scared me because I couldn't smell even bad things like smoke or gas.

In the last year my smell has been coming back slowly which I am so thankful for because the Dr. told me that the chances of it ever coming back were slim to none. I don't always smell things in the right way like peanut butter and hot dogs (actually these makes me very sick to smell) but I am so thankful that I am getting some of it back.

It might not be a bad thing I can't stand peanut butter anymore because that was one of my favorite foods before.

What are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

Holly said...

I am thankful for my husband who has been amazing to care for me these last 11 days!!
I am thankful for Carolyn Twietmeyer and Project Hopeful.
I am thankful for Reece's Rainbow and the lives they impact.
I am thankful for families who hear the call of God to step out of the boat and walk on water.
I am thankful for the miracle of adoption!

Mom Of Many said...

Girlfriend, I am thankful that your sense of smell is coming back - Yippee Jesus!! Jehovah Rapha - the God who heals, even the sense of smell!!

Now yesterday with Dw, Em & I al sick and each sitting on the porcelain throne holding our pans in our laps...that would have been one day to not have a sense of smell! UGH!!!!!

Love to you! xo

Christina Johnson said...

Wow - what an amazing, miracle-working God we serve! I am thankful that your sense of smell is returning...and that you have one more story of God's providence and power to share! :) When are you coming to Kentucky? I want to drink coffee and chat with you while our kids run around!

Shonni said...

What a precious thing to be thankful for and something that I don't really think of...
by the way...
I can't wait to meet you in person also, and if you are ANYWHERE close to Colorado Springs, I hope that you will call me so that I can take you and your children to one of my favorite Colorado get a ways!!!!
Love you Sis,
Shonni