Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dear Anonymous,

Well, first of all let me say that if you don't agree with things I put on my blog then don't read it. Second if you want to tell me you don't agree with it then be brave enough to tell me who you are.

Do I think adoption is the best thing for a child? NO! The best situation for a child is to live in a sin free world. The best situation for a child is to be with their birth parents in a happy, loving family.

Guess what? We live in a fallen world. We live in a world of 143 + million orphans. A world where children are starving, a world where children suffer major, major problems from living in orphanages and being tossed around in foster care systems or worse yet lay dying because they were abandoned or live in countries that there is just no where to go.

If I'm going to read something and make it change the way I do things then I prefer the Bible and not what someone thinks or some study they do. God commands us to take care of the orphans, to advocate for the orphans, to feed them, give them clothes, give them a place to live.

I will never be a perfect parent for my bio kids or my adopted kids but no one is perfect. I will though without a doubt teach my kids it is their responsibility to speak up for orphans, fight for orphans and take care of them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to speak up for the Orphans YOU GO! GIRLIE !!!

Anonymous said...

you rock !!

Mom Of Many said...

You go sister!! Preach on!! I love it!! I'm sorry someone with no courage wrote you a judgmental letter or comment or whatever...

But my guess? Anonymous is deeply convicted by Almighty God that she is supposed to be doing something for the orphan rather than spending her days navel gazing and not dragging her butt off her couch.

God's word is clear...there are only two things that are PURE religion...it's caring (action verb) for the orphan and widow. It doesn't say "preaching, reading your Bible, being a sunday school teacher, home schooling your kid, making bread from scratch, or whatever bragging point they have...

it's only CARING for the orphans or widows that is PURE religion.

You rock and keep speaking the truth...it's truth that sets us free....

Love you bunches girlfriend and proud to be your friend (and proud of your hubby too!)...

Jaime G. said...

preach it sister!!!!!!
oh naysayers... step up and do something, don't just sit and pout and cast judgement and negativity on others. follow God... He'll make you see clearly.
Whoo-hoo!!! your post (though i couldn't find the comment from anonymous) got my blood pumping!

Adeye said...

woop woop!!! You go, girl. Ah, ruffling a few feathers are you? KEEP ON!!! Some just cannot stand to hear the TRUTH--it is way too challenging, too convicting!

Keep on challenging and NEVER loose the voice that God has given you to speak for the orphan. He NEEDS those who will speak on His behalf--you are one of those!!!!!