Monday, June 8, 2009

Awesome Antique Finds

Some very dear friends of ours had a yard sale fundraiser this weekend for their adoption. The country they are adopting from is very, very costly but they didn't let that stop them and when God said "GO" they said "OK". They are still trying to raise $27,000 to hopefully travel to bring home their daughter this fall. You can check out their blog here.

Anyway my mom and I went to their yard sale this weekend just to see them and did I find some very cool things. If I had a place to put these things I would be keeping them but with our house for sale I just bought them to re-sell. We are going to take them to a antique show tomorrow night and possibly sell some or all of them. If you want any of these make an offer quick.

Here they are:

This is a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye camera from about the 50's Chris is guessing.

This is a very cool View-Master from about the 40's or 50's.
This is my very favorite find. This is a Kodak 1A Jr. camera from about 1917. When I found this we had no idea what it was but the case was so cool I took it anyway. When I got home, Chris figured out how to open it and he found this AWESOME camera inside.

I got 2 very cool typewriters like this (I don't know what happened to my other picture) from the 40's - 60's.

This is an antique wood saw.

This is a Falcon camera from about the 50's. This also comes in a very cool leather case.


Then these are very cool too. These are 2 antique milk boxes that the milk man used to drop off milk in at people's houses. They had one milk box that I didn't get that still had a note in it telling the milk man what they wanted.



So even though we don't plan on keeping them they have been fun to play around with and look at. Chris has been having a blast with them.

1 comment:

Tony and Rett said...

Very cool! Can't wait to hear what they're worth!