Friday, June 26, 2009

Random Acts Of Kindness Day - July 1st


Love Without Boundaries blog A Life of Giving had put out an awesome challenge. They are challenging everyone to have a Random Acts of Kindness day on July first in honer of the orphans around the world. You can click here to read more about it.

I know not some of you reading this might not want to do it the way they are challenging so if you don't want to do it that way how about doing it in honor of GOD.

I did this back in January with my church and even though it put me out of my comfort zone it was so much fun when I finally did it.

So here are some ideas for things you could do:

Take $5 in quarters to a laundry mat and give to someone there.

Take a snack to a fire station.

Buy lunch for that person at work that isn't well liked.

Pay for the person behind in you in the drive-thru (can you imagine how fun it would be if you were that person behind you).

Take a cold drink or some lunch to that person that is always begging for money at the corner and you always talk bad about them.

Take some flowers to a nursing home to give to one of the residents there. I worked at a nursing home and it is so sad that these people who were moms, dads, teachers, people who fought wars they are put in there and forgot about.

What about offering to babysit for a single mom or someone that has a special needs child.

OK, you get the idea. Let me tell you that you will be the one that gets blessed!







1 comment:

jeanette said...

I love this idea!

and I've been the recipient of having my order paid for in the drive thru line! It was such a blessing cuz I was having a horrible day...and then to hear that I owed nothing..well, I started to cry. :)