Sunday, October 31, 2010

Want To Know The Truth?

I almost said "NO."

To be flat out honest when Amaya said she wanted to raise her own money for shoeboxes I wanted to just say "we do shoeboxes as a family you don't need to make your own money to do it."

The truth is...my plate is full right now....NO to be honest my plate is overflowing right now. I had just come to the conclusion that even though I love helping families fundraise for adoptions that I needed to find a balance between God, Chris, kids and everything else I am responsible for.

How could I take on ONE more thing knowing that when God uses a child a lot of times it ends up being big.

I wanted to say "no" but something stopped me.

If I would have said no, I would have missed a HUGE opportunity in Amaya's life for her to know what it is to truly be the hands and feet of Christ. If I would have said no, there would have been several children that wouldn't receive a shoebox or possibly their only chance to learn about Christ. If I would have said no, there would have been sooooo many missed teaching opportunities. If I would have said no, I wouldn't have been able to explain to my six year old that God must see her as a very special person if he entrusted her with a job this big at such a young age. If I would have said no, Amaya would have missed out on a ton of encouragement from you.

If I would have said no Amaya would have missed the chance at letting several children experience this:



Galatians 6:9 (New International Version)
9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Click HERE to read about Amaya's Shoebox Project.

PS Only 17 more to go to reach her goal!!!

3 comments:

Mandie said...

I'm so glad that you let her do it. I was telling my family about it last night and we all think that she has to be the most amazing 6 year old. I know you are so proud of her.

Kathy said...

I could understand your reasons for not wanting to say "Yes" to Amaya but I'm SO glad you did. Teaching her to "get out of the boat" when Jesus calls at such a young age is the ultimate life lesson. God is smiling on your whole family and I believe God has bigger things for Amaya than any of us can imagine.

Anonymous said...

I am going to pay you online and will get my ornaments later. I am so proud of Amaya and for you that saw that this is something she needed to do. What a wonderful family you are! LOVE YOU ALL!