Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chore Charts and I Need Your Help

I am SOOOOOO excited because we finally got the kids chore charts up on the wall last night. I had ordered them a couple of months ago but things got crazy with sick kids, my Etsy shop, needing to paint the room they go in and more.

I found these chore charts a few months ago doing a review for Fisher Kids and I was totally blown away by the family that does this and the passion they have behind these. This is not only teaching kids responsibility with helping out around the house but also teaching them to save and to tithe. They also have an amazing website to give you wonderful support in teaching your kids to become responsible adults (honestly that is something this country really needs to work on).

If you click here you can see a video their local news did about them.

We have never really done "chores" with the kids before. We have had them help out around the house plenty but never really given them something that they are specifically responsible for.

Anyway, today I need to work on putting actual chores together. Can you help me and give me ideas you do for chores?

Thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dusting
Wash windows
Sort the laundry
Clear the table from dinner
Load the dishwasher
Unload the dishwasher
Feed a pet
Set the dinner table
Make their bed
Water Flowers
Pull weeds in a flower garden
Oh, the list could go on and on and on and........

jeanette said...

ooh-this looks cool..will look into it! :)

Stacy hit quite a few of the common chores ~alot of it is age dependent too
I would add from our "list":
pick up room
clean bathrooms
Dust
sweep/dustbuster under kitchen table
wash table after each meal (this rotates thru the kids -so does setting and clearing the table)

You could probably add in character qualities as well ie: showed respect today, was kind, etc.

thanks for posting this chore chart!!