Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for a couple different things. First of all I have been busy, busy, busy putting stuff on ebay. When we got our tax check in the spring we set aside a very small part of it to use to find away of multiplying it. Linny had taught me to pray for hidden treasures and that is exactly what I started doing. We then started buying lots (as in a lot of things that we didn't even know what we were buying) of things and then we turn around and sell them. It's not making us rich by any means but we have been able to buy 2 dogs (which we plan on breeding) and a broken down van that will be just fine when my auto tech husband fixes it. This all happened with just a little money we set aside asking God to multiply it. I pray that by next year it will multiply enough to bring another child home (who knows maybe even 2).

Second thing I am thankful for is adoption fundraisers. How cool is this really? Chris and I never, ever buy things for ourselves unless we have to. We do buy some things for our kids but not usually unless they need it or it's birthdays or Christmas.

The thing is though with adoption fundraisers we have a very good excuse to buy. How cool is it that by buying something from someone that is raising money to bring a child home that we get to be a small part in that child having a forever family. Not that we have to get something in return to give to helping a child come home but really it is a good excuse and fun to help a family out.

So a few weeks ago I posted about my new bow addiction that I had but it was to help a family adopting. So here are the pics of the ones we kept for ourselves (we bought some to give away too).

So if you know of a family trying to raise money for an adoption go buy something, it's a good excuse!


2 comments:

Tony and Rett said...

Super cute bows for a super good reason!!!

Holly said...

Have you been to Elisabeth's blog to hear her fabulous news??? (No greater gift mom!)
I am so excited to see what God has in store for you girl!