Tuesday, July 28, 2009

She's Growing Up

Our little tiny miracle baby is no longer a baby. I'm sitting here in tears even writing this. Saturday she wanted a special day with mommy and daddy to go school shopping. We let her pick where she wanted to go eat and then we went and got everything she needed for school. How can she be ready to go to school already? It seems like just yesterday that we found out God had given us this miracle baby and now she is going to school in a couple of weeks. Can you tell I'm sad about this?

That same night after me being emotional enough about sending her off to school I found out she has 2 loose teeth. That is just too much for me to have to take in for one day.


4 comments:

Tony and Rett said...

LOVE that second picture. She looks so grown up and just beautiful.

I'm excited for you, but I'll be praying for your heart when she leaves!

Love you, friend!

Dave & Stacy Brown said...

Hang in there. It is tough to watch them grow up so fast. I swear it is a literal blink and they are big. But there are so many wonderful parts of the school stuff too. It is precious to watch and a blessing to be a part of. And I only cried for Nickolas' 1st week of school. If I survived, I promise, you will too.

Christina Johnson said...

You and I could be sisters - we think so much alike! Brad and I were praying about a meaningful way to mark the beginning of Sam's school career...and came up with the same idea as you! We're taking him on a "date" to buy school supplies and to the restaurant of his choosing...no doubt, we'll end up at McD's. :) I wish you lived closer, we'd cry in our coffee about sending our little one's off to school! Love you!

Shelly said...

What a beauty your little miracle baby is growing into! She looks sooo excited about her special day out! I wish school didn't have to start. I tear up every "first day" and AJ is going into the fourth grade! LOL! It just slips by so very fast...