Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

So you all know I am thankful for our new little bundle of joy who potty trained in 3 days may I add.

Something else I am very, very thankful for is our local Christian radio station. I turn the radio on to their station every chance I get to listen to the radio. I am one of those people who could never tell you who was singing or what song they were singing but I love the music.

I also love the fact that when I'm in the shower my kids turn the Christian radio on loud and jam to Christian music and not music that I have to monitor.

One more thing about the station too is that God's first little whisper to me about orphan ministry was a clip I heard on the radio about Steven Curtis Chapman and orphan ministry. At the time I thought that meant Rett was supposed to do it but God had plans for both of us. Since God used that whisper through the radio station we have been blessed more times than I could ever imagine including our precious miracle child God had waiting for us on the other side of the world.

Also through doing research for the ministry I have found some amazing orphan ministries and met some amazing people answering God's call to care for orphans.

What are you thankful for today? If you have a blog you should try doing Thankful Thursday. It seems like Thursdays lately are the days that just don't go right but doing Thankful Thursday really makes me take time to be thankful to God for even the little things.

If you do post Thankful Thursday on your blog would you please leave me a comment so I can check it out.

1 Chronicles 16:8
Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.


Have an amazing day!!!

4 comments:

Tony and Rett said...

I'm thankful for those same radio stations! Just last night as the girls were settling down for bed, we had it playing. Laney said, "Hey, that song is at church!" And Abby will say, "They said Jesus! It's about Jesus!" We're so glad they're making those connections!

Good thing to be thankful for!

Adeye said...

Thank you for sharing your heart and thankfulness, friend.

I'll have to do my TT post a little later--when I have a moment :)

Thankful for YOU!

Shonni said...

What a nice post...There are some very special people "out there"!
We also do TT. Hope you can visit!
Have a glorious day

Adeye said...

Hey friend,
To get pictures, go to www.corbis.com. You have have to register, but it is free. There is a place where you type in the kind of picture you are looking for, and then it brings up pages and pages of options. Always click on the pic you want, that enlarges is it--then I just drag it over to my desktop. Easy!
I know there are many other places to get pics, but we love this one--huge variety. Be warned though--very secular!

Hugs!