Sunday, August 2, 2009

Double Date Weekend

Chris and I just had the best double date weekend with some friends of ours. Chris and I rarely get a date, let alone a whole weekend, so it was really special. Thanks to my mom for taking on 3 kids for the weekend and my brother and sister in law for taking on 2 puppies who woke them up at 5 in the morning we had a blast.

The first thing we did was go downtown Indy and get some lunch. We saw tons of people standing outside of a hotel waiting to see someone. We then went and walked the canal and after that even more people were waiting at that hotel. We then went to the mall and when we came out even more people. Chris had called his brother to see who was staying in that hotel and he found out it was Dave Matthews. Chris said "let's stand here just for a minute and see if we happen to see him." It wasn't 2 minutes later that Dave Matthews walked right out of the hotel and into his RV. I told Chris the only person I would be crazy enough to stand that long to see is my bloggy friend Linny. Did I say I still have no clue who this Dave Matthews is?

Then we went shopping at the World Market, went to a place to play games, had dinner and sat and talked to out friends for a couple hours before heading to bed. Then this morning we woke up and had a relaxing breakfast with our friend and someone else cooked and did the dishes.

We even got to stop and have lunch with Chris' brother, sister in law, his sister and his mom.

It was a wonderful weekend but I'm glad I'm back with my babies and puppies.

I can see though that I have a lot of catching up to do on the bloggy world.

2 comments:

Tony and Rett said...

Glad you had a great weekend away! We all need that!!!

Adeye said...

Aaahh--how wonderful that you had such a wonderful weekend. Remind me how it feels to be alone with your hubby :)