Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mission Trips

This is something I haven't been able to even consider for a very long time due to all the little kiddos running around my house but Chris and I both would love to go on a mission trip.

Do any of you know of a mission trip (preferably an orphanage) that we could take our 7 year old and possibly the younger kiddos on? Not a really long one but maybe a week or so.

I would LOVE for Amaya to get to go on a mission trip with us and I know I have seen people take kids before so please let me know if you know of any.

Thank you!

3 comments:

Holly said...

http://throwingourarmsopenwide.blogspot.com/
This bloggy friend just went with her hubby and their littles to an orhpange in Mexico and she blogged about it...great experience.
Also, I have some friends in Guatemala who have 13 bio kiddos who recently moved there to minister to orphans...could get you some info about that and then Linny and her daughter are going to Uganda in a few months and are taking a team...not sure about taking children, you'd have to ask Linny.
Hope this gets you started!
Love
Holly

Debbie Doughty said...

Hi, I'm here from Amy Blocks blog. You had left this question in her comment section... This group does family missions trips: http://www.homes4baja.com/parents.html
I'm not sure what the trip includes.

Kelly said...

Linny over at http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/ is a minister's wife and they go to Africa to help orphans. I know they take teens, but don't know how young they allow. They are looking to do a trip in April I think.