Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Do You Have An Aaron?

I really don't want to write this post, I have tried to get out of writing this post but God won't let me. God told me about 3 weeks ago I needed to write this and I have been fighting it like crazy. I even asked a friend to pray with me about this post.

You know sometimes it is hard to be real on here because I have family reading this. It is much easier to be real when it is complete strangers but I have many people close to me that read this blog. I did not start this blog though to let people in on our daily lives, I started it as a ministry to share my passion, my journey and to share things about our family. I love being able to blog because it makes it much easier for a shy person like me to be a voice for God.

OK, here is goes. About 3-4 weeks ago I had many, many good things happening. In a 2 week time I had 3 fundraisers, Amaya's project and I was in charge of the shoeboxes at church. Well, the evil one does not like it when you are doing things for the orphan. Spiritual warfare is real! Every single time I do a fundraiser I can about bet it is going to be a battle that day. A couple of weeks ago though I had way much more than just a fundraiser going on.

Satan started attacking from every angle possible. I'm not going to share those things because it doesn't matter and everything is pretty much good now. I cried, cried and cried for days but only a few people knew this because I did my best to hide it. I am not one to cry much at all but I was being beat up.

One day I went to take Chris lunch and I honestly could hardly stand up. Chris asked me what was wrong and I told him that I was in a battle against Satan and I was being beat up. I physically felt BEAT UP. This is so hard to explain but I know there have to be other people going through the same thing and that's why I believe God wants me to share this. I have an amazing husband and right then he took me, held me and prayed over me.

Chris did not want me to go home because he was worried about me but I told him I needed to be home. I had emailed a friend earlier in the day asking her for prayer because I somehow knew it was going to take prayer big time to fight this battle.

My friend wrote me back and said something like this: "Sarah, I would love to be your Aaron." My friend explained that when Moses couldn't hold the staff up any longer that God used Aaron to hold it up for him. My friend was telling me that even though I was beaten up to the point of not even being able to open my eyes, even though she didn't live close to me, she was willing to be my Aaron and hold me up in prayer and help me fight this battle.


I also had a few other prayer warriors holding me up. Do you know that within a very short time I could actually physically feel something holding me up so that I could continue to fight for the orphan, continue to let Amaya do her project and continue to let God use me for Operation Christmas Child.

Spiritual warfare is REAL!

Those couple weeks were very, very hard but through that God did some amazing things not only in the projects that were going on but in many other ways.

I am so thankful I had friends to carry me through in prayer during those couple of weeks.

Do you have an Aaron? Are you willing to be someones Aaron? If you feel beaten, PLEASE ask some prayer warriors to be your Aaron. If you know someone being beaten up spiritually, PLEASE be their Aaron.


Exodus 17:12
12 When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset.

2 comments:

Tony and Rett said...

Spiritual warfare IS real. You're right. And although we do not know all the attacks that were waged against you, I can tell some were very personal. But know that you are doing what God has called you to do. You are being obedient. If it upsets your family that you're doing His work, and blogging about it with transparency...well, then that is your family's battle with God. Not yours.

Thankful, today, that I stood with others in prayer. I am glad those prayers were felt. And I love your analogy to Aaron. I hope I can be someone's Aaron when needed. I know you've been mine a time or 200. :)

Goins Gang said...

Isn't God AMAZING?! He knows we can not go through this life on our own!
He brings those Aarons into our lives just when we need them most!
What an encouragement you are! God uses you to remind us of "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--excellent or praiseworthy"(Philippians 4:8)!! Please don't stop listening and obeying when God asks you to do something!! I love you, Sarah!!
Happy Thanksgiving!