Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Is God Crying?

As you know from my post yesterday my heart is breaking right now for the 147 million orphans. My heart breaks everyday but some days are far worse than others. Somedays I can't help but sit and cry wondering what if it were my children. It was one of my children at one time and I know there were nights he was cold. I know there were days he was hungry or times he just needed someone to cuddle him and it was 2 1/2 years before he learned what security was. 2 1/2 years of his life before he was warm every night, a full belly every day and 2 1/2 years before he got more hugs and kisses than he could handle. It was 2 1/2 years before he even knew what a mom and dad was.

The reason I am wondering if God is crying right now over the orphan crisis is because it's not just my heart crying right now. I have done my normal rounds on the blogs I follow the last couple of days and something is happening. Bloggy land honestly has been pretty dull lately including my blog. The last 2 days though I have read many blogs saying that their heart is breaking for the orphans this week. God has made many, many hearts heavy this week. Doesn't it make you wonder if God is crying?

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in. Matthew 25:35

I think Jesus is hungry today. I think Jesus is thirsty today. I think Jesus needs somewhere safe to sleep tonight. Have you fed him lately? Have you given him something to drink? Have you invited him in?

Maybe you don't know where to start? Have you considered caring for orphans or better yet adopting to make a child no longer a orphan? I don't know everything but God has given me a HUGE passion for the orphan. If you have questions, PLEASE email me and ask. If I don't know the answer I will help you find the answer. Don't wait another minute Jesus is hungry now! My email is arewethereyetla5(at)verizon(dot)net.

1 comment:

Tony and Rett said...

Such a sweet heart, Sarah. There are many broken hearted. I thank God for your passion and passionate soul!

Rejoice! There are many kiddos finding their forever families too. Praise HIM!