Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Paigie Turns 4!

Well this Thankful Thursday I am so very, very thankful for this 2nd miracle child of ours that is now a big 4.
As most of you know all 3 of our children are true miracle children. Most people decide they want to get pregnant and within 6-12 months they usually are. That's not how God works in this house. We suffered 4 years of infertility, started the adoption process for Guatemala, became pregnant with our first miracle child Amaya and had to put our adoption on hold until she was 9 months old.

Well, it wasn't time for us to adopt yet because God had even bigger plans than we did. When Amaya was 9 months old I was nursing and we were being careful if you know what I mean. I started feeling like I could be pregnant but how could I be when I was nursing and being careful. I finally decided I better take a test but Chris would think I was nuts because we shouldn't be pregnant. I decided to take the test in middle of the night and it was true.

God had given us a second miracle child. It was truly a miracle we got pregnant with Amaya but a second child 9 months after the first and while nursing and using protection. God knew this child was to be part of our lives.

I was sure I was having a boy the whole time because my pregnancy was completely different than Amaya. With Amaya I was deathly sick. With Paige I felt fine and actually I felt good most the time until at 30 weeks she decided she didn't want to stay in my tummy anymore. I had 7 weeks of pre-term labor with her, bedrest and many, many trips to the hospital to stop labor. At 37 weeks they put me in the hospital to induce me because she had gotten so big. I still laugh that for 7 weeks she wanted to come everytime I stood up until they wanted her to come. Well I got to the hospital and it was showing I was already in hard labor and I didn't even know it because I had already been having contractions for 7 weeks.

Paige came into the world just a few hours after they were supposed to start inducing me (ruined the doctors plans that night). When Paige was born she wasn't breathing right and they wanted to run her straight to the NICU but I couldn't let them take her without them letting me see her first. It was several hours before I could hold my precious miracle baby. Paigie spent about 5 days as a NICU baby but then finally she was all ours.

Paige was the best baby ever. People thought something was wrong with her because she never cried she just slept, ate, slept and ate.

I can't believe 4 years have gone by already. Today Paige is a beautiful little girl (no longer a baby). Paige is a mini version of her momma (this scares me sometimes). Paige has the funniest laugh, loves to giggle, loves to cuddle. Paige is a true blessing and miracle from God.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my precious Paige!



4 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl.
What a gift and a blessing you are.

Tony and Rett said...

Happy birthday Paige!!! You are one gorgeous little girl! I am so thankful for you and the blessing that you are!

What a big girl!!!!

Christina Johnson said...

Happy Birthday, Paige!

Adeye said...

How I love a cool God-story! This is one of them--absolutely priceless. What a sweetheart you have. I can tell from her pics that she has such a tender little heart.

Happy birthday, sweet girl.