Sunday, January 11, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

I am so excited about what our church is doing this month. The title to this months sermons is THE LOVE MOVEMENT. What is even cooler is that Jaxson went to class so I could listen to the sermon. I have a very hard time paying attention in church (Linny don't hate me it's ADD) but I paid close attention last night. Wow, I wish I could tell you everything that was said. Anyway at the end of the service they encouraged us to do random acts of kidness this week. We were to go to the alter and pick a little paper (we didn't know what was on it) and on it told what we got to do this week. I'm not going to tell you what ours was but it doesn't matter. I do have to tell you though that mine kept me up all night because it caused me to step out of my comfort zone. If I told you what it was you would think I was so silly but oh well. Chris and I both did ours today with Amaya and we had sooooo much fun and it was no reason to lose sleep over.

I want to challenge you my dear readers to do a randome act of kindness this week because it is so much fun. Also you never know how much a tiny thing could affect someone that is down in the dumps in a big way.

Here are some ideas and try to take one (you may want do more after you see how much fun one is) and do it even if it pushes you out of your comfort zone.

Do something special for a shut-in.
Give a $5 gas gift card to a stranger.
Take 4-5$ in quarters to a laundry mat and just walk in and give it to someone.
Find out what one of your co-workers favorite drink or snack is and get it for them.
Take brownies to work.
Get a St*rbucks gift card for someone.
Take a snack to your local police or fire department and thank them for what they do.
Send a note (snail mail) of thanks to a family that has military oversees.
If your going through a drive-thru pay for the person behind you.

These are just a few ideas and I know you could think of a lot more. So there it is my friends, I CHALLENGE you to this and have fun doing it.

1 comment:

Tony and Rett said...

First of all, YAY! I am so glad Jaxson stayed in his class!!!

Second of all, YAY! I'm so glad you paid attention!

Third of all, YAY! I'm so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone!

I have my random act to do this week, so we'll see how it goes!

YAY GOD!