Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for several things.

I am thankful that we have reached a new stage in parenting. I have longed for the day that my kids would start having friends over to play. When I was a kid I always had friends over and I actually can't remember many weekends or evenings that I didn't have a friend over or I was at a friends house. I have always wanted to be the type of family that our kids friends want to come over to our house to play. This week a little boy from Amaya's class came over and ask me if he could play with my daughter. Tonight she is having one of her friends come home on the bus with her. Writing this makes me want to spend time with my childhood friend Stacy. Oh it brings back memories watching my children grow up.

I am thankful that my computer is just on the other side of the wall from the bathtub. I can hear the funny things the kids sing about in the bath like my 4 year old singing "I love butt cheeks, I love butt cheeks."

I am thankful that we hit a HUGE breakthrough with Jaxson this last couple of weeks. Adopting a child that has lived in an orphanage for a long time comes with certain challenges. Jaxson always had a very hard time when he was sick and we didn't see any of this the last time he was sick, praise God.

I am thankful for all the parents in the world that see parenting as a blessing and not a curse!

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Tony and Rett said...

I'm thankful things are going well with Jax. It means so much to overcome every hurdle!

I'm thankful for a lot today too!

Adeye said...

Oh friend, my heart is overflowing--sooo many things to count our blessing for, in spite of hard economic/political times. God is so good, and I am so thankful He is STILL on the throne :) Nothing can change that!