Monday, February 2, 2009

Is It God's Will?

This is something I have been thinking about for a long time but someone on another blog posted it so well that I just decided to link you to her blog so please click here to read this post.

I can't tell you how many people have said to me "we thought about adopting at one time" or "we're thinking about adopting". If all the Christians in the world that have "thought" of adopting actually stepped out in faith and did it my guess is that there would be very few orphans in the world. Maybe it's time Christians start asking God for a clear NO on adopting rather than waiting and waiting for a clear YES. Chances are if God placed it on your heart then that was his "YES".

When you read the post I linked you to please go to the link that she has for Bill's adoption story.

I have also just placed some statistics on my sidebar. Please take time to read these.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

2 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Sarah, EXCELLENT follow-up to my post. I can't tell you how thankful I am for Christians like you who really "GET IT"!!!

Anonymous said...

Those statistics are really eye-popping! I just completed a class called "Adoption: Issues and Answers" that busted a couple of myths that made me afraid of domestic adoptions. The myth is that there are no babies available in the U.S. - our instructor told us there are more birth mothers who want to place their babies than there are adoptive parents to take them. Also, the news stories about the courts who side with the birth mothers who want their babies back are the exception rather than the rule. If all parental rights are legally, correctly, and completely terminated, you will not lose your child. You are right, there are so many children who need a "forever family" and there are many birth mothers who love their so much babies enough that they want to place them in good families. Hopefully, people will continue to put the news out there. Thanks for letting me comment.

Your Sister in Christ