Saturday, July 5, 2008

Get Real Challenge

Last night I was reading a friends blog and she had posted about a get real challenge she had seen on another post. When I read my friends blog I couldn't believe how real she was getting and I went to look at the blog she was talking about.

When reading this blog http://thevoiceofadventure.blogspot.com/2008/07/come-on-get-real.html it made me realize that if people were more "real" with each other we could probably be a lot closer to each other. This lady has challenged people to get real on their blogs. So I think it is time I get real.

I am a mom to 3 beautiful children ages 2,3 and 4. I love them dearly but there are days I am ready to pull my hair out. There are days right after supper I tell Chris I need a time out and just have to walk away from everything for a little bit until I catch my breathe.

My house is rarely clean and I have lost a lot of my smell because of sinus problems so it probably stinks too. It is rare if there is a time that we don't have dirty dishes laying around or laundry to be done.

I am just starting to learn after child number #3 that my kids don't have to be clean all the time and it's OK to get dirty or to lick the cart at Walmart or eat something that has dropped on the floor, it's not going to kill them.

In the morning I am lucky to have the kids bathed, dressed, pottied, oh and me dressed too (even though I don't even worry about my hair anymore) so that we can have an hour to play before it is time for lunch and then nap ( I love nap time by the way).

I rarely take time to do devotions with God or spend enough time with him. I worry that I'm not teaching my kids enough about God even though it is only because of him that we have our 3 miracle children.

I have the most incredible husband in the world but take that for granted a lot of times because I am just worn out by the time he get's home.

Now to get real personal, I am scared to death to pray out loud. I have the hardest time comprehending the Bible so it is hard for me to open it and read. I am scared of witnessing because I'm scared someone is going to ask me something I won't know how to explain to them. I am so thankful God has given me the blessing of adoption as a way to witness.

I am scared of a lot of things so I miss out on a lot of blessings in life.

OK, I got real so now it's your turn. Please go to the website I gave you and get real yourself. Please also post a comment on my blog with your blog address if you got real yourself.

1 comment:

Christina Johnson said...

I think you are incredibly BRAVE! :) God's strength is made perfect in our weakness...and HE is so incredibly strong. He shines through you. Blessings to you and your little ones today!

christina