Monday, June 30, 2008

My Prayer For All Children



My Prayer for All Children I pray that all children will be loved for who they are, for no reason other than that they are.I pray that all children will be loved as first best, not second best; that they will be loved with an intensity that can move mountains, because life will present plenty of mountains that will need to be moved.I pray that all children will have someone who will…-seek them, and only them, out of the crowd on the stage; -push them to reach for their goals and discover their unique gifts; -hold them accountable for their actions with love and dignity; -advocate for them through this maze called life; -explain the unexplainable; and -smile when they walk into the room, just because they did. Mostly I pray that all children will have someone who knows them well enough and loves them deeply enough to see the divine spark that is unique in them. I pray that this be the birthright of all children throughout the world. And since this birthright can only be fulfilled by parents, I pray that each child, regardless the circumstances of their birth, finds their parent and each parent finds their child.Thanks God. Amen.-By Dawn Davenportwww.creatingafamily.com

No comments: