Monday, June 16, 2008

One Year Ago

Last night I was playing some jazz in the kitchen and dancing with my beautiful new son. I looked in his amazing eyes and realized that it was one year ago that I first saw his precious face and couldn't get him out of my mind. I was doing research for our orphan ministry at church and had looked at hundreds and hundreds of waiting children but Jaxson face stuck with me. We started praying as a family that he would find a good, loving ,Christian family. Little did we know what God had in store, little did we know God was about to bless our socks off. This is the picture I saw a year ago that I couldn't get out of my head.

When we saw this picture we did not qualify for China and had no plans to adopt anytime soon. We would have never dreamed he would be our son but God knew all along.

I no longer have to look at a picture and pray over this child. Now we can look him in the face, kiss him like crazy and pray over him holding this precious child in my arms. God took us on a long journey to put the perfect child in our arms.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blog, Sarah.

Tony and Rett said...

WHOO HOOO...
GOD IS GOOD!!!!

jeanette said...

ahhh! I love that picture! it's the one I carried to China...this was on the front of the page, and your family photo was on the back. :)

Mark and Melanie said...

Sarah,

It has been such a joy to watch God work to bring Jaxson home to you! I remember when you first emailed the link and asked for us to pray for Jaxson - I knew then that he was special. I'm so glad he is now a cherished member of your family!

Christina Johnson said...

What a blessing to witness how God has grown your heart and your family during this amazing journey to Jaxson! Blessings to you...and welcome to the wonderful world of little boys. Buy a helmet!

hugs,
christina johnson