Thursday, February 16, 2012

We Got A Call!!!

Let me tell you that if you are signing up to be foster parents then you had better be OK with living a fly by the moment life, lol. We went almost 3 months without a call sooooo we started checking into adopting through adoptuskids.org. I sent for that "file" for a little treasure on the site and a month later heard that we had been chosen to be the possible adoptive placement for this child. This child has some real needs so they are wanting us to be very cautious before making a decision so we are waiting on some more paperwork. Yesterday I went to check the mail to see if it happened to be here (even though I really didn't expect it to come yet) and nothing yet.

I went home for just a few minutes and the phone rang. It was DCS asking if we would take the placement of one and possibly 2 kiddos. I told him yes, I called the person in charge to find out when I needed to pick them up and 45 minutes later I was getting ready to head home with our little guest. As I was leaving they said "STOP, do you want to take the other one too" and I said "sure let me go get the car seat out of the car." I went to get the car seat walked back in and they said "sorry, we just need you to take the one we were wrong."

Did I tell you you need to be very flexible if you are foster parents???

Our kids are very excited to have an extra one around for awhile. I can't share too much info but I thought I would give you a sneak peak ;)


The child has more energy than Jaxson and talks more than Jaxson and I truly thought that was impossible! We are having fun though and the child is getting used to how we do things around here.

2 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Yippee jesus as you minister to this little ones heart....making a difference for eternity! xo

Christina Johnson said...

Praying for you and your family as you love and care for your little guest. What an honor to represent Jesus to this little one...writing the truth of God on their heart while they are with you. :)