Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mother's Day Isn't Always A Day To Celebrate

Today at church a precious 6th grade girl came to me and told me that Mother's Day is so hard for her. It is hard for her because her mother doesn't live with her and that makes her very sad. Mother's Day for me is also a very hard day, but I never thought of children suffering on that day too.

Mother's Day is hard for me because it brings back the memories of 4 years of suffering when we couldn't get pregnant. Yes, God ended up blessing us so very much but Mother's Day is a painful reminder to me that so many others are suffering in the same way. When churches spend the day celebrating I think sometimes it is forgotten that more than likely it is the hardest day of the year for some women to walk into church. If you look around and see women missing it could be because they are at home crying.

This week if you know someone that might have a very hard day next week please show them love in some way. I could give you a list of things people have been through that would cause them to not celebrate next week but I'm sure you can figure that out.

No comments: