Friday, September 24, 2010

Blog That Brought Tears To My Eyes

Last week as I was doing the fundraiser that was a true battle and everything was going wrong I got an email. I opened the email to a mother wanting to have a fundraiser. I wrote her explaining how it worked and asked her when she wanted to have it and she said next week because they are traveling hopefully in the next month. I will be totally honest and tell you that my first reaction was "God I know this is your shop but how am I going to pull another fundraiser off next week." Usually I have a couple of weeks to a month notice to be prepared. I decided to check out the blog and boy did the tears start rolling down my face.

This is the picture I saw that made me cry and cry tears of joy.

You see last winter when I was fighting for little Duncan in my heart I wanted nothing more than to bring home Duncan and Ivy (pictured above). I was so in love with these 2 little kiddos and just didn't understand why they didn't have families and I really didn't understand why God didn't have us in a position to bring them home.

Now almost a year later I open up a blog to a family needing my help and it is IVY"S FAMILY. Not only are they bringing home Ivy but they are bringing home another precious little girl.

TODAY they are fundraising in my shop to help with the cost to travel to bring these 2 beautiful children home. For every pendant sold in my shop today and tomorrow (there was a mix up on the day so we are running it 2 days) that you leave a message at check-out saying it's for the fundraiser $5 will be donated to their grant fund to get these babies home!!!

This is a perfect opportunity to start your Christmas shopping.


6 comments:

The Mac's House said...

I adore these necklaces so I was more than happy, pleased as punch to jump online and order a few more for relatives for Christmas presents. Glad to be able to find some that really fit the people that I was searching for.

I too was drawn to not only Rose but Duncan and thought that they would be the perfect dynamic duo together. So thrilled when I learned that Duncan, now Andrew, found his family and is happily living in the US.

Can't wait to hear the same for these two little girls.

Thanks for posting this.
Teri

Faithhebrews11 said...

Thank you for doing this wonderful fundraiser to help bring our two beautiful little girls home! Ivy (Ellee) will be told and so will Johannah how much you helped them and Ivy (Ellee) will know that she had a prayer warrior before her mommy even knew her :) God bless you!

To The Mac's House Thank you for your purchases and thank you for your beautiful words! God bless you!

H said...

Oh wow! God is so GREAT!!!

:)

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Hi Sarah,
I didn't know how to get in touch with you through email, but wanted to say a huge...THANK YOU to you for all of your fundraising efforts on my behalf. Thank you so much for you time, talent and energy and for all you did on my behalf. I am continually in awe of God's provision and the gifts and talents that He alone has bestowed upon His body....and then to have His body minister so deeply to me. I am humbled beyond words. Thank you. May God pour out richly upon you and your family and make Himself known in many ways. Thank you for being His hands and feet.

Much love in Christ,
Stacy
www.hiswaynotmine.blogspot.com

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...

Hope the fundraiser went well.

I would love for you to help us with fundraising.

Blessings,
Suzanne
freedomhollowfarmkiddos.blogspot.com

Goins Gang said...

God rocks!